Protocols are in alignment with the recommendations by the BC Post Secondary Return To Campus (RTC) guidelines. All families, pianists, staff and faculty are provided with information regarding self-assessment, how to use the BC Covid-19 Self Assessment Tool and/or call 8-1-1 for further advice.
Goh Ballet follows the mask wearing protocols as set by the Vancouver School Board. For the 2021-2022 school year this means:
All staff and faculty and visitors are required to wear masks in all indoor common areas at all times, including while teaching.
All students aged 9 and up (Goh Ballet A3 and up/Academic Grade 4 and up) must wear masks at all times.
Exceptions for students include:
– A person who cannot tolerate wearing a mask for health or behavioural reasons
– A person unable to put on or remove a mask without the assistance of another person
– If the mask is removed temporarily for the purposes of identifying the person wearing it
– If the mask is removed temporarily to engage in an educational activity that cannot be performed while wearing a mask. For example: Engaging in high-intensity physical activity
– If a person is eating or drinking
– If a person is behind a barrier
– While providing a service to a person with a disability or diverse ability (for example, a hearing impairment), where visual cues, facial expressions and/or lip reading/movements are important
Students aged 3-8 (Creative Dance through to A2) are encouraged to wear a mask indoors, but are not required to do so. Mask wearing remains a personal or family/caregiver choice for these students.
For more information on the Vancouver School Board’s current mask wearing policy please visit https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/covid-19-safe-schools
Continued Prevention measures:
– Hand sanitizers in all studios and offices
– Hand sanitization stations at entry and exit
– No drop-in visitors allowed and outsiders permitted entry into the facility by appointment only
– Frequently touched surfaces in the facility (washroom fixtures, door knobs, counters) are cleaned frequently
– Frequently touched studio surfaces (barres, stereos, cubbies) are cleaned in between every class with hydrogen peroxide or other disinfecting cleaning agents
– All those entering the facility must conduct a self assessment prior to coming for work, class or an appointment and stay home if any signs of illness are present.
– All those entering the facility must sanitize hands upon entry and exit of the building.
– Anyone exhibiting signs of illness is required to stay home for a minimum of 2 days or until symptoms subside. If COVID-19 exposure is confirmed or suspected, individuals must call 8-1-1 to seek further guidance and obtain a test if deemed necessary. If a Covid-19 test is taken the individual must remain in isolation until results are returned. Any classes missed during quarantine are counted as missed, and Goh Ballet will consider, on a case-by-case basis, alternative options for learning if the student’s personal situation requires an isolation period of more than 2 weeks.
– Locker rooms are temporarily closed
Facilities have the following supporting signage:
– Proper handwashing technique in all washrooms
– Signage describing symptoms and reminders to self-assess prior to entering the facility
– Where necessary, occupancy limits of all studios, offices, and shared spaces
– Reminders to practice proper physical distancing
-Students are kept within their cohorts and do not mix. Classes are scheduled in a staggered manner so that no two cohorts are entering or exiting at the same time. Drop-off and pick-up times must be strictly observed, students are not allowed to linger in the building after their scheduled pick-up time.
-Queuing for class is outside of the building, there is no queuing inside the facility.