Protocols are in alignment with the recommendations by the BC Post Secondary Return To Campus (RTC) guidelines. All families, pianists, staff and faculty are provided with information regarding self-assessment, how to use the BC Covid-19 Self Assessment Tool and/or call 8-1-1 for further advice.
Goh Ballet follows the mask wearing protocols as set by the Vancouver School Board. For the 2021-2022 school year this means:
All staff, students, faculty, pianists, and visitors are encouraged to wear masks in all indoor common areas as much as possible, including while teaching.
For more information on the Vancouver School Board’s current mask wearing policy please visit https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/covid-19-safe-schools
Continued Prevention measures:
– Hand sanitizers in all studios and offices
– Hand sanitization stations at entry and exit
– No drop-in visitors allowed and outsiders permitted entry into the facility by appointment only or by pre-arranged visit as in demonstrations or performances
– Frequently touched surfaces in the facility (washroom fixtures, door knobs, counters) are cleaned frequently
– Frequently touched studio surfaces (barres, stereos, cubbies) are cleaned in between every class with hydrogen peroxide or other disinfecting cleaning agents
– All those entering the facility must conduct a self assessment prior to coming for work, class or an appointment and stay home if any signs of illness are present.
– All those entering the facility must sanitize hands upon entry and exit of the building.
– Anyone exhibiting signs of illness is required to stay home for a minimum of 2 days or until symptoms subside. If COVID-19 exposure is confirmed or suspected, individuals must call 8-1-1 to seek further guidance and obtain a test if deemed necessary. If a Covid-19 test is taken the individual must remain in isolation until results are returned. Any classes missed during quarantine are counted as missed, and Goh Ballet will consider, on a case-by-case basis, alternative options for learning if the student’s personal situation requires an isolation period of more than 2 weeks.
Facilities have the following supporting signage:
– Proper handwashing technique in all washrooms
– Signage describing symptoms and reminders to self-assess prior to entering the facility
– Where necessary, occupancy limits of all studios, offices, and shared spaces
– Reminders to practice proper physical distancing
-Classes are scheduled in a staggered manner so that no two cohorts are entering or exiting at the same time. Drop-off and pick-up times must be strictly observed, students are not allowed to linger in the building after their scheduled pick-up time.
-Queuing for class is outside of the building, there is no queuing inside the facility.