Parents/guardians are aware that dance training and the athletic exercises associated with it place unusual stress on the body and carry a risk of physical injury. Parents/guardians assume the risk and agree that Goh Ballet and the Dance Program shall not be liable in any way for injuries sustained during attendance, dance class or any related functions. Parents/guardians understand that good dance training involves touching and adjustment of the student’s body by the instructor. Parents/guardians acknowledge that neither Goh Ballet, the Dance Program nor its instructors are responsible for any loss of or damage to the student’s personal property.
In the event that a parent/guardian cannot be reached, the management, faculty, administration, staff and chaperones of the Dance Program are authorized to enact any emergency medical care that may be required by students during participation in classes, performances or any related Dance Program events. This authorization extends throughout the current academic year. Parents/guardians are responsible for any and all charges as a result of such care or medical treatment. Parents/guardians understand that if the student requires an epinephrine pen (EpiPen) administered in the event of an allergic reaction, a letter detailing permission of administration is required. Without this letter, an EpiPen cannot be administered by any Dance Program faculty members under any circumstances. If a student requires prescription medication for any reason, a letter of permission of administration is required. Without this letter, the Dance Program faculty will not administer any prescription medication.
Parents/guardians grant permission to Goh Ballet and the Dance Program to post stories, photos, videos or other items related to their child’s experience, hereinafter referred to as “Materials,” on Goh Ballet websites, print media and other web platforms and services as well as social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Parents/guardians release themselves, their representative, employees, managers, members, officers, related entities, subsidiaries and directors, from all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with any use of said “Materials,” including, without limitation, all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of their right of publicity, defamation and any other personal and/or property they acknowledge and agree that no sums whatsoever will be due to me as a result of the use and/or exploitation of the “Materials” or any right therein.
Tuition Payment Agreement
Parents/guardians agree to pay for the dance instruction per the published tuition rates, extra class fees (if applicable), performance fees, costume fees and competition fees (if applicable) for the student’s period of study. An administration fee of $50.00 will be applied to NSF cheques. Parents/guardians understand that if their tuition payment is not remitted on time, their child will not be allowed to participate in classes until the amount owing is balanced.
Cancellation & Withdraw Policy
Students who wish to discontinue lessons prior to the end of the school year must notify their dance instructor in writing. Partial term refunds will only be given for medical reasons. If a student withdraws after the commencement of a term for medical reasons, a medical certificate is required prior to the withdrawal from any classes or programs in order to receive a refund. No refunds or credits will be given for classes missed.
Goh Ballet Youth Company Canada Admission Policy
- Admission into the Goh Ballet Youth Company Program is by audition only. Prospective students may audition by DVD or in person.
- Applicants are to be 16 years of age or older
- Applicants must have participated in dance training of 5 years or more.
- Applicants must successfully complete an admissions audition either in person or via video prior to registration into the program
- Domestic applicants must pay a CAD$30+GST non-refundable registration fee upon acceptance into the course of study. International applicants must pay a CAD$997.50 non-refundable registration fee upon acceptance into the course of study. Cheques are to be made payable to Goh Ballet Inc.
- Applicants, after confirmation of acceptance into the program, must read and certify that they have read a copy of the school’s student handbook as well as the enrollment and registration agreement.
- 1. If the institution receives tuition from the student, or a person on behalf of the student, the institution will refund the student, or the person who paid on behalf of the student, the tuition that was paid in relation to the program in which the student is enrolled if:
- a) the institution receives a notice of withdrawal from the student no later than seven days after the effective contract date and before the contract start date;
- b) the student, or the student’s parent or legal guardian, signs the student enrolment contract seven days or less before the contract start date and the institution receives a notice of withdrawal from the student between the date the student, or the student’s parent or legal guardian, signed the student enrolment contract and the contract start date; or
- c) the student does not attend a work experience component and the institution does not provide all of the hours of instruction of the work experience component within 30 days of the contract end date.
- 2. The institution will refund the tuition for the program and all related fees paid by the student or a person on behalf of the student enrolled in the program if the student is enrolled in the program without having met the admission requirements and did not misrepresent his or her knowledge or skills when applying for admission.
- 3. If a student does not attend any of the first 30% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition paid under the student enrolment contract unless the program is provided solely through distance education.
- 4. Unless the program is provided solely through distance education, if the institution receives a notice of withdrawal from a student:
- a) more than seven days after the effective contract date and
- 1. at least 30 days before the contract start date, the institution may retain up to 10% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, to a maximum of $1,000.
- 2. less than 30 days before the contract start date, the institution may retain up to 20% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, to a maximum of $1,300.
- b) after the contract start date
- 1. but before 11% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term have been provided, the institution may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- 2. and after 10% but before 30% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term have been provided, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- a) more than seven days after the effective contract date and
- 5. Unless the program is provided solely through distance education, if the institution provides a notice of dismissal to a student and the date the institution delivers the notice to the student is:
- a) before 11% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term have been provided, the institution may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- b) after 10% but before 30% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term have been provided, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- 6. If the institution provides the program solely through distance education and the institution receives a student’s notice of withdrawal or the institution delivers a notice of dismissal to the student and:
- a) the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for up to 30% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term, the institution may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, or
- b) the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for more than 30% but less than 50% of the program, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- 7. The institution will refund fees charged for course materials paid for but not received if the student provides a notice of withdrawal to the institution or the institution provides a notice of dismissal to the student.
- 8. Refunds required under this policy will be paid to the student, or a person who paid the tuition or fees on behalf of the student, within 30 days:
- a) of the date the institution receives a student’s notice of withdrawal,
- b) of the date the institution provides a notice of dismissal to the student,
- c) of the date that the registrar provides notice to the institution that the institution is not complying with section 1(c) or 2 of this policy, or
- d) after the first 30% of the hours of instruction if section 3 of this policy applies.
- 9. If an international student delivers a copy of a refusal of a study permit to the institution, sections 1(a), 1(b), 4, 7, and 8 of this policy apply as if the copy of the refusal were a notice of withdrawal, unless:
- a) the international student requests an additional letter of acceptance for the same program that was the subject of the refusal of a study permit, or
- b) the program is provided solely through distance education
This policy statement (the “Policy”) sets out the privacy policies and practices for Goh Ballet Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Goh Ballet”) with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. This policy may be updated by Goh Ballet giving reasonable notice of the revised Policy (including by e-mail or by posting at Goh Ballet’s website at www.GohBallet.com), and this Policy may be supplemented or modified by agreements entered into between Goh Ballet and an individual from time to time.
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, as defined under the Personal Information Protection Act (BC) or other applicable laws.
1. Collection, Use and Disclosure Purposes
Except where otherwise required or permitted by law, Goh Ballet will inform individuals of the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of the individual’s personal information, prior to collecting, using or disclosing that personal information.
Goh Ballet collects information from customers and potential customers through various means including guest registration sign-up sheets, class registrations, web-form registrations, purchase and sale agreements and customer survey responses. The type of information collected will vary depending on the means through which an individual submits his/her personal information. The type of information collected may include an individual’s name, residential address, e-mail address, home phone number, occupation, employment status, age group, current residential ownership details, whether first time client financial and credit information, preferred marketing mediums and specific comments. For security reasons, Goh Ballet may also utilize video surveillance to monitor its premises from time to time.
Goh Ballet uses information collected from customers and potential customers to provide products or services, to respond to requests for information regarding Goh Ballet’s programs, classes, products and services, for input on preferred features for future curriculum and program developments, mailing contacts for Goh Ballet publications and newsletters, special events marketing and other marketing research activities, and for additional purposes that may be identified at or before the time that the information is collected. Goh Ballet also uses personal information from purchasers for accounting and transaction completion purposes. Goh Ballet may disclose personal information to legal, financial, and other professional advisors or in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of its business or operations.
Requirements for consent to collection, use, or disclosure of personal information vary depending on circumstances and on the type of personal information that is intended to be collected, used or disclosed. In determining whether consent is required and, if so, which form of consent is appropriate, Goh Ballet will take into account both the sensitivity of the personal information at issue and the purposes for which Goh Ballet will use the information. Consent may be express, implied (including through use of “opt-out” consent where appropriate), or deemed. For example, if an individual provides his/her mailing address and requests information regarding a particular product, consent to use the address to mail product information to the individual is implied.
On giving reasonable written notice to Goh Ballet, an individual may withdraw consent to the collection, use or disclosure of his or her personal information. Upon receipt of this withdrawal, Goh Ballet will notify the individual of the likely consequences of withdrawing his or her consent. Except where otherwise required or permitted by law, Goh Ballet will then stop collecting, using or disclosing the individual’s personal information.
2. Limits to the Collection of Personal Information
Except where required or permitted by law, Goh Ballet will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected. Personal information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
3. Use, Disclosure and Retention
Goh Ballet will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law. Once the information is no longer required to fulfill its intended purposes, and is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
By “opting-in” the individual has given express consent to Goh Ballet sending advertisements, mail, or emails through the information provided, promotional messages such as newsletters, announcements, press releases and event invitations regarding their current and future programs, products and services.
By “opting-in” the individual consents to receiving calls or text messages by the selected means of contact by or on behalf of members of Goh Ballet at that number to discuss their current and future products, products and services.
Individuals may withdraw your consent at any time.
Goh Ballet may be reached by email at info@GohBallet.com, or at the following mailing address: Goh Ballet Inc., 2345 Main Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5T 3C9
Goh Ballet may disclose certain personal information to third party service providers and to affiliated entities in order to carry out work on behalf of Goh Ballet. Prior to making this disclosure, Goh Ballet will take appropriate steps to ensure that such recipients safeguard the personal information and use the information only for authorized purposes.
Goh Ballet will make reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected by it, or on its behalf, is accurate and complete if the personal information is likely to be used by Goh Ballet to make a decision that affects the individual to whom the personal information relates or if the information is likely to be disclosed to a third party.
Goh Ballet will protect personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Security safeguards are employed to protect personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks. The nature of these safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information that has been collected. The methods of safeguards include:
- Physical security measures such as locked filing cabinets and areas
- Security clearances and limiting access on a “need to know” basis
- Technological measures such as the use of passwords
Upon request, Goh Ballet will make information available about its personal information policies and practices.
7. Individual Access
Upon written request, with sufficient detail to enable Goh Ballet to identify the individual and the personal information being sought, Goh Ballet will inform an individual of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information under Goh Ballet’s control and will provide access to that information, unless otherwise prohibited or permitted by law. Goh Ballet will respond to all requests within 30 days. Goh Ballet may extend the time limit for a further 30 days, or, for a longer period, with the Privacy Commissioner’s permission or as otherwise permitted by law.
Upon written request, an individual may request Goh Ballet to correct an error or omission in the personal information that is under Goh Ballet’s control. If Goh Ballet is satisfied on reasonable grounds that a correction should be made, it will amend the information as requested as soon as reasonably possible, and it will send the corrected information to each organization to which it has disclosed that information during the year prior to the date of correction.
8. Removing Display/Advertisements from Your Device
Go to the NAI website. Their site will scan your computer/device for any 3rd party display or advertisements. A list of any 3rd party ads will then be populated and from there you can select the checkboxes next to the ads that you would like to remove. This ensures that advertisements will not come back to your computer/device as it is not registered to receive them. Note, the NAI website is not associated with Goh Ballet.
Manually access the cache and cookies of your browser and clear them. You will need to clear all to remove all 3rd party display advertisements.
9. Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
The information contained in this Web site is intended solely to provide general guidance on matters of interest for the personal use of the reader, who accepts full responsibility for its use.
The information, postings, materials and other content on this site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties or representations, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the site content is accurate and up-to-date; however, Goh Ballet Inc. makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the site content. Nothing herein shall to any extent substitute for the independent investigations and the sound technical and business judgement of the reader.
Goh Ballet Inc. shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of access to or use of any content on this site, regardless of the accuracy or completeness of any such content.
The Information We Collect
Goh Ballet is a private dance educational institution providing dance training, performance and related services. We collect a variety of personal information necessary to provide these services. By choosing to enter your personal information on this site you indicate your willingness to disclose this information to Goh Ballet.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to:
Provide you with timely and reliable executive search services; Do all the things necessary to administer those services; Develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you; and Advise you, if appropriate, about career, program or performance opportunities that may be of interest to you.
In order to achieve the goals of the anti-spam legislation, Goh Ballet will ensure to act in compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. In order to ensure compliance, commercial electronic messages (including email marketing) will be based on an “Opt-In” approach. Goh Ballet will gain consent for commercial electronic messages purposes prior to sending commercial messages (including emails), unless we have a pre-existing business relationship with the client or candidate as in these particular cases consent is considered to be implied. Should Goh Ballet require personal information for a new purpose, we will contact you to seek consent for that new use. Individuals that “Opt-Out” from receiving emails from our company, and/or Partners and Associates will be unsubscribed upon request. This is in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL), effective July 1, 2014.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Goh Ballet will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Your consent to such purposes(s) will remain valid after termination of our relationship with you and we will retain your information in our database for future consideration.
How We Use and Disclose Personally-Identifying Information
Information obtained by the site is used only for the intended purposes stated at the time that the information is collected. No notification and choice will be sought if Goh Ballet is compelled or required by applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or court order to disclose personal data.
Goh Ballet Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding the personal information provided to us in relation to executive search assignments and leadership assessments. We protect and use your information by observing the principles and guidelines in the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL) effective July 1, 2014.
We partner with a third-party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here.Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We use pixels, or transparent GIF files, to establish which of our online adverts successfully bring people to our site or the sites of our affiliates. The GIF files are provided by third parties who provide us with online advertising analysis. This system places a cookie on your browser when you enter our site. Cookies are used to save information such as items you have visited the site. The information collected on our behalf, is anonymous and does not personally identify you. The information does not contain your name, address, telephone number or your email address. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can change your browser to reject them. Even without a cookie you can still use our site.